Institute for Multicultural Counseling & Education Services
A Private Non Profit Organization Associated with DPI/NGO with ECOSOC Status of The United Nations for Human Rights
IMCES is a community clinic providing health and mental health services to the diverse underserved community in Los Angeles County. IMCES offers an APA-accredited clinical training program for doctoral interns and postdoctoral residents. IMCES offers the opportunity to gain direct service experience to clients in a multidisciplinary, multicultural, community clinic setting.
2) Email your application documents directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Clinical Training Committee 3580 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 2000, Los Angeles, CA 90010
3) Through the CAPIC matching process at https://capic.net/
Application Deadline: July 15, 2021
Notification Date: September 1, 2021
Start Date: October 2021; End Date: September 2023
Commission on Accreditation: American Psychological Association (APA) 750 1st Street, NE Washington, DC 20002 (202) 336-5979
Applicants for our postdoctoral clinical training program are accepted from individuals who have the following qualifications. (See our Postdoctoral Brochure for a complete list of qualifications.)
• Evidence of strong interest, background in, and commitment to the community mental health model of service delivery and working with underserved populations.
• Completion of doctoral degree from an APA-accredited Clinical Psychology program. Applicants must have their degree posted before application.
• Completion of an APA-accredited psychology internship program.
• Demonstrated sound clinical scientific knowledge base.
IMCES will consider applications from local, national, and international locations from diverse ethnic groups who match the needs of our clients’ culturally diverse target populations.
Required documents for submission:
• Letter of Intent demonstrating commitment to the community mental health model of service delivery
• Application for Postdoctoral Residency
• Curriculum Vitae
• Two letters of recommendation, from supervisors who have direct knowledge of clinical skills, indicating specific area of emphasis in our discipline.
• Official Transcripts, unopened
• Official Doctoral Degree
• Verification of completion of internship from APA-accredited program
Please see our brochure and documents below for additional information: